Onsite Mock Audit
What is included and what do I need to have ready?
· DQ files (all active drivers, temp drivers and any drivers inactive in the past 36 months) [be sure your files include the date of hire in a conspicuous place]
· Driver Master List with hire date (a percentage of your drivers will be selected from this list for DQ file auditing)
· Equipment Master List (a percentage of your vehicles will be selected from this list for maintenance file auditing)
· Maintenance files
· DVIRs (past 90 days)
· Road Side Inspections (past 12 months) [can be in maintenance files]
· Accident log (past 3 years)
· Accident files
· Reasonable Suspicion Training certificates for all supervisors
· D&A files with positive results for the last 5 years
· MRO certificate
· D&A Policy
· MCS 90 (insurance paperwork)
· Pin number for the CSA site along with your DOT #
· Any state authority you may have such as TX/CA intrastate
· IFTA/UCR paperwork
· RODs/HOS (logs) – current and past 6 months with audits/driver write ups and counseling statements
· Driver handbook
· Company / employee manual
The person(s) responsible for each of the above items should be available during the visit. If you do not have everything on the list; please have available as many of these items as possible. Any that are not; we will discuss their need and how to prepare them.
This action will allow a review of the current status of operations. As a deliverable, these findings will then be incorporate along with Best Practices to create an action plan. The DOT Safety Consultant/Advisor will provide you with a spreadsheet on the files audited.
Please provide all of your DOT numbers so we may gain a complete picture of your organization. The more information you supply; the more productive the mock audit.
Don't wait for the DOT to call. Schedule an audit today. (Available with a consutling package or as a stand alone service).